Southcentral Veterinary Services is growing! We’re excited to offer veterinary career opportunities across several departments to experienced and dependable professionals. Review our job descriptions below to learn more about our open positions.
Southcentral Veterinary Services offers the following benefits for full-time employees:
- Competitive hourly pay
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Health & Disability Insurance
- Profit sharing
If you think you’d be a great fit for our team, please apply by emailing your resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please!
Learn About Our Available Positions
Take a look at our job descriptions for more information about our open positions.
Full-Time Veterinary Assistant
As our veterinary assistant, you will help veterinarians and licensed veterinary technicians by treating and caring for animals. Your duties include recording health information about animals, helping to administer treatments, and providing food and water to animals.
Here’s what you can expect to handle in this role on a routine basis:
- Feeding and providing water to animals at regular intervals throughout the day
- Sterilizing equipment and regularly cleaning examination areas
- Handling and soothing animals during examinations, treatments, and vaccinations
- Recording relevant information about animals, including weight and types of medication given
- Advising owners of pets about caring for their animals at home
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Have a strong work ethic, with the ability to work seamlessly as a team, as well as independently
- Possess strong people skills, with an outgoing personality which provides clients with the satisfaction of visiting our clinic
- Provide clear and effective communication, with both clients and fellow team members
- Have a commitment to superior client services in all aspects of your job
- Be respectful and courteous to all clients, their pets and team members
- Demonstrate acute attention to detail in all procedures and treatments
Job requirements include:
- 2 years’ experience in small animal veterinary clinic, preferred
- Excellent computer software skills and proficient in electronic medical records