Southcentral Veterinary Services is growing! We’re excited to offer veterinary career opportunities across several departments to experienced and dependable professionals. Review our job descriptions below to learn more about our open positions.
Southcentral Veterinary Services offers the following benefits for full-time employees:
- Competitive hourly pay
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Health & Disability Insurance
- Profit sharing
If you think you’d be a great fit for our team, please apply by emailing your resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please!
Why Choose Bowling Green, KY?
We love calling Bowling Green, KY our home and we think you’ll love it, too! Our growing city, the third largest in the state with a population of just over 130k, boasts a cost of living that’s 11% below the national average, along with excellent public schools and high-quality healthcare options.
Bowling Green also offers a moderate climate and over 800 acres of parkland for people of all ages to enjoy. As a family-oriented community, there’s plenty to do for residents and out-of-towners alike: exploring Mammoth Cave National Park (a massive 53,000 acres), bringing your pups to one of the local dog parks, taking a few swings at one of Bowling Green’s 7 golf courses, or indulging your artistic side by visiting the Downing Art Museum. There are also plenty of playgrounds for families, along with dozens of enticing dining options to satisfy every palate.
What’s more, Nashville is just a 45-minute drive away if you want to visit the “Music City” over the weekend. Bowling Green’s close proximity to the city and vibrant sports and arts districts make it an ideal place for building a career and a family. However, Bowling Green has some beloved local hallmarks of its own—we’re the home of the Western Kentucky University Hilltoppers and the National Corvette Museum, which celebrates America’s Sports Car.
Full-Time Licensed Veterinary Technician
As a licensed veterinary technician, you are responsible for performing routine checkups and other medical procedures on animals to ensure their health and well-being. Your duties include communicating with pet owners, checking an animal’s weight, heartbeat, and other vitals to record in patient files, and assisting other veterinary personnel in taking blood samples, IV catheters, surgery and administering medications.
Here’s what you can expect to handle in this role on a routine basis:
- Work closely with clients and their pets
- Provide patients with a high level of care and attention
- Perform diagnostic tests and x-rays
- Prepare animals and instruments for surgery
- Administer medications, vaccines, and treatments
- Provide emergency first aid or general nursing care
- Observe and report on the behavior and condition of animals
- Restrain animals for examination or treatment
- Administer anesthesia and assist during medical procedures
- Collect and record animal case histories
- Educate animal owners on home care
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Have a strong work ethic, with the ability to work seamlessly as a team, as well as independently
- Possess strong people skills, with an outgoing personality which provides clients with the satisfaction of visiting our clinic
- Have clear and effective communication, with both clients and fellow team members
- Be committed to superior client services in all aspects of your job
- Be respectful and courteous to all clients, their pets and team members
- Show acute attention to detail in all procedures and treatments
Job requirements include:
- Associate degree in veterinary science
- 2 years’ experience in small animal veterinary clinic, preferred
- Excellent computer software skills
- Proficient in electronic medical records